Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day One

Well, Day One has come and gone, and I have to say that it was quite interesting.  I didn't quite realize how hard it would be to go without all the foods that my diet as a vegetarian has been based on - milk, cheese, eggs, etc.  A brief outline of my day would look something like this...

9.45 - Wake up.  Remember that it's summertime, and there is nowhere to be.  Be happy, and listen to Modest Mouse.  Then, remember that the lawn has to be mowed and I have work today, and now I am vegan, and say a few choice swear words.

10.10 - Look through my fridge.  Realize this plan would work better if I had any control over the food that we have in our fridge.  End up eating 2 enormous, crispy Gala apples for breakfast and smear them with some homemade almond butter.  Gulp down water and coffee.

10.25 - Mow the lawn.  It is too hot to mow a lawn.  Ugh.

12.00 - Look completely befuddled, trying to figure out what to eat for lunch.  So perplexed that I consider skipping lunch, then remember the nightmare that I am when my blood sugar drops too low.  Cut some veggies, and blend up hummus, and eat another big apple and some blueberries.  

1.00 - Work.  I scan, and I file, and I answer phones.  I love my life.

6.00 - Eat whole wheat spaghetti and basil and tomatoes, and glare across the table at my brother as he smacks down 4 pizza pops.  How is this fair?  FOUR of those things, and he weighs about 80 pounds.  This really makes me hate guys.  Search the freezer for something that I can maybe whirl into a smoothie for dessert, and stumble upon gold... a container of Dark Chocolate Coconut Dream that my lactose intolerant grandfather left by accident when he visited us a month ago.  Wow, truly amazing...

7.00 - Went to the barn and rode ponies, all the while dreaming of Coconut Dream.

Then, I came and wrote this.  So, evaluation of the first day?  Not terrible, but I think I need to plan this stuff out more in advance - it's harder work than I thought.  I'm not going to post my eating schedule every day (or ever again) but I thought I would today since it's the first day.  Looking forward to 182 more days!


This is my new love... farewell, boyfriend.  I'm Coconut dreaming on such a summer's night...

No comments:

Post a Comment